DYNAMIXEL is a brand of Smart Actuator developed by ROBOTIS for use in any robotic system.
The name “DYNAMIXEL” is derived from two words- “Dynamic” and “Cell”, which when combined together become an all-in-one smart actuator.
- All-in-one module with a variety of elements required to drive a robot without other devices. All you need is power and communication to operate a robot.
- DYNAMIXEL is compatible with any system or controller. All you need is power and communication to operate a robot made with DYNAMIXEL.
- Support for various development environments – GUI-based Robo-Plus, SDK and source code for Windows, Linux, and mobile environments, C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, LabVIEW, ROS, and others
DYNAMIXEL actuators come in a wide variety of models to best suit the needs of different systems, based on torque, speed and command signals.
The range of ROBOTIS products includes a diverse product line of intelligent actuators: from cost-effective models for beginners to high-performance models for professionals.
DYNAMIXEL offers 3 families of products:
- DYNAMIXEL – classical, well-recognized family of smart actuators which have been used for years in robotics and beyond
- AX-series: used in ROBOTIS STEM, Premium, GP, and various types of robots such as humanoid.
- MX-series: a new concept of DYNAMIXEL with advanced functions, such as precise control, PID control, 360-degree position control, and high-speed communication.
- DYNAMIXEL-X – newest line of high-performance, networked smart actuator models
- Improved Heat Sink Featuring an Aluminum Case
- Compact Size & Design with Improved Torque
- Enhanced Durability and Expansibility
- Hollow Back Case Minimizes Cable Stress (3-way-routing)
- DYNAMIXEL-P – industrialized premium smart actuator solution for full-scale Robots
- High Power, High Precision, and Low Backlash
- All-in-One Modular Design
- Compact and Lightweight
- Torque Control Based on Current Sensing
- High Resolution with Combination of Incremental Encoder and Contactless Absolute Encoder