Quanser Double Inverted Rotary Pendulum
Double Inverted Rotary Pendulum is an extended version of a single pendulum. This additional module can be mounted on the Rotary Servo Base Unit. It isequipped with 2 pendulums mounted on a swivel axis and 2 encoders. Students model this object mathematically, and then design algorithms necessary to control it: stabilization and swing-up.
The kit includes all elements needed to quickly start the station: amplifier, controller, Matlab or LabVIEW module as well as educational materials for students.
Basic technical parameters:
- Base parameters:
- High quality servo motor (6V, 1A, 6000 RPM)
- Potentiometer for measuring the position (± 5V)
- Quadrature encoder (4096 pulses / revolution)
- Gears with the possibility of changing the gear ratio
- Complete teaching materials compatible with NI LabVIEW and Matlab / Simulink included
- Open architecture allows to create own control algorithms.
- Module parameters:
- Arm length: 215.9 mm
- Short pendulum length: 200 mm
- Long pendulum length
- Encoder resolution: 4096 pulses / revolution