Quanser Rotary Servo Base Unit
The Rotary Servo Base Unit is a geared servo-mechanism system. The plant consists of a DC motor in a solid aluminum frame. This DC motor drives the smaller pinion gear through an internal gear box. The pinion gear is fixed to a larger middle gear that rotates on the load shaft. The position of the load shaft can be measured using a high-resolution optical encoder or a potentiometer. The encoder is also used to estimate the speed of the motor.
To product is also available as a virtual version: (click here)
With a wide range of available add-on modules, this plantcan be used to teach wide array of basic and advanced concepts, such as:
- Flexible elements
- 2 and more degrees of freedom
- Sensor integration (camera, potentiometer)
- Torsional forces
- And others
This way a single station can be used to teach and conduct experimental research in various fields of control theory.
The kit includes all elements necessary to quickly start the station: amplifier, controller, Matlab or LabVIEW software module as well as teaching materials for students.
Basic technical parameters:
- High quality servo motor (6V,1A, 6000 RPM)
- Potentiometer for measuring the position (± 5V)
- Quadrature encoder (4096 pulses / revolution)
- Gears with the possibility of changing the gear ratio
- Complete teaching materials compatible with NI LabVIEW and Matlab / Simulink included,
- Open architecture allows you to create your own control algorithms.