Quanser Flexible Joint
This experiment models the behaviour of an actual joint, e.g., a robotic arm. This additional module can be mounted on the Rotary Servo Base Unit. It consists of a head with a beam fitted with springs. The goal of the exercise is to control the engine in the base in such a way that after the movement the tip of the beam stops in a fixed position as quickly as possible. Students model this object mathematically and then design algorithms necessary to control it. Thanks to different types of springs and their mounting positions, the parameters of the object can be easily changed.
The kit includes all elements needed to quickly start the station: amplifier, controller, Matlab or LabVIEW module as well as educational materials for students.
Basic technical parameters:
- Base parameters:
- High quality servo motor (6V,1A, 6000 RPM)
- Potentiometer for measuring the position ( ± 5V)
- Quadrature encoder (4096 pulses / revolution)
- Gears with the possibility of changing the gear ratio
- Comprehensive educational materials compatible with NI LabVIEW and Matlab / Simulink included
- Open architecture allows students to create their own control algorithms
- Module parameters
- Beam length: 298 mm
- Encoder resolution: 4096 pulses per revolution
- Spring parameters: 187 N / m, 313 N / m, 565 N / m