Quanser Shake Table III XY
The Quanser Shake Table III XY is a dual-axis, high-powered planar earthquake simulator ideal for more advanced dynamics analysis and research relating to earthquake loss reduction. It is capable of moving high loads of up to 100 kg at high accelerations and velocities.
The Quanser Shake Table III XY consists of a stage mounted on the ground support plate. The stage is actuated by three linear motors and move in either the x or y directions. Two motors mounted on the ground support plate of the table operate in parallel and power the x-axis. A single motor mounted to the stage actuates the y-axis. Together the motors allow for XY planar motion in the Cartesian arrangement. The displacement and acceleration of the stage are measured by the on-board encoder and the accelerometer sensors. The encoder and accelerometer are connected to the DAQ and their signals can be displayed and processed further. The Shake Table III XY can be programmed through a provided Shake Table software, as well as through QUARC® for MATLAB®/Simulink®.
- Dimensions (H x L x W): 106.7 cm x 106.4 cm x 20.3 cm
- Total mass: 550 kg
- Payload area (L x W): 71.1 cm x 71.1 cm
- Maximum payload at 1 g (X-Axis, bottom): 100 kg
- Maximum travel: ± 10.8 cm (x), ± 10.8 cm (y)
- Maximum velocity with 100 kg payload: 1.55 m/s (x), 1.29 m/s (y)
- Maximum acceleration with 100 kg payload: 1.0 g (x), 1.0 g (y)